Do you understand yourself? Understanding yourself assists you in making decisions in life. Often the choices we make without understanding ourselves can be wrong decisions that create further problems. Understanding our strengths and weaknesses helps us guide our paths to experiences that will provide us with the best possible outcomes of our choices.
If you keep a journal these 9 questions may help you in discovering yourself and to get in touch with your inner thoughts and feelings. These questions can help you make choices in your private life, working life and in relationships.
1. Describe what you believe is truly important in life.
2. Describe what values you uphold in life that best reflects what you believe in.
3. Describe your dreams and what you would want to achieve for yourself personally in life.
4. Who is your mentor or major influence in your life and how do they help you make decisions? Why are they an important influence?
5. What do you consider your special talents and gifts?
6. What skills would you like to develop in either your personal or working life in the next 12 months?
7. What would you regret not doing if you look back in your life in 20 years’ time?
8. What do you consider as your greatest achievement in life?
9. What do you consider as your greatest failure, sadness or disappointment?
Remember there is no right or wrong answers for any of these questions. As you answer them honestly and thoughtfully, the answers will provide you with a picture of who you are and a summary of your hopes, aspirations and the things you can learn from your past choices. Turn your answers into life goals and use them to help make decisions that will shape your future.